How does the platform work?
- SITCO follows a long-term strategy set out during the start of investment in four areas of expertise, called domains. They are Consulting, Security, System integration and application development, and Infrastructure.
- The service organisation, SITCO Center, provides shared services to members of the platform, ranging from business support through to back-office services, controlling and HR management to procurement services. This enables members to focus fully on their business without worrying about the day-to-day operations agenda.
- The domains invest in businesses operating in their respective fields. Technically, that makes SITCO a holding company with shareholdings in the individual domains. SITCO acts as the parent company to the four domains operating as subsidiaries, while SITCO Center is the fifth subsidiary.
- Each domain has its managing equity partner responsible for investment in the respective domain’s line of business. This founding member of a domain, usually the first platform member to cover the specific area, acquires up to a 49% shareholding in the domain in return for a business share in their own company. The domains’ managing equity partners also become equity partners of the SITCO platform as a whole.
- Each new member of the platform also has an opportunity to acquire a shareholding in a domain. They then become an equity partner with decision-making powers regarding future investments.